Wednesday, 6 January 2016

2016 To Do List... The Books

So these are the books I want to read. This is by no means a complete list of all the books I own, just the ones that I've selected for this year. The greyed out ones have been read prior to 2016, but I've included them for completeness as they are part of a series by the same author. I'll try to keep updating this post and crossing through the titles as and when I've read them.

If I've got a copy of the book, either on the shelf or on my Kindle, I've said so, otherwise I'll have to obtain it one way or another.

The full Outlander series, so far, by Diana Gabaldon. (I'm not sure if she's written a ninth one yet).
Outlander
Dragonfly In Amber (Kindle)
Voyager (Kindle)
Drums Of Autumn (Kindle)
The Fiery Cross (Kindle)
A Breath Of Snow And Ashes
An Echo In The Bone
Written In My Own Hearts Blood


All of Linda Gillard's novels. She's a particular favourite author, and I've enjoyed the two books I've already read, so I'd like to continue with the rest of them:
Emotional Geology
A Lifetime Burning
Star Gazing
House Of Silence
Untying The Knot (I have this on my Kindle)
The Glass Guardian
Cauldstane (I have this on my Kindle)


I was going to say that I wanted to read all of Jodi Picoult's novels, up to the most recent, but there have been a couple of hers that I've given up on because I just couldn't get into them. I think this is a complete list, but she rattles out a new book every year, plus she's started doing e-books, so I might've missed some. As you can see though, I'm not too far behind her.
Songs Of The Humpback Whale - abandoned
Harvesting The Heart
Picture Perfect - abandoned
Mercy
The Pact
Keeping Faith
Plain Truth
Salem Falls
Perfect Match
Second Glance
My Sisters Keeper
Vanishing Acts
The Tenth Circle
Nineteen Minutes
Change Of Heart
Handle With Care
House Rules
Sing You Home
Lone Wolf
Between The Lines
The Storyteller (I have a copy of this on the shelf)
Where There's Smoke (ebook) (I have this on my Kindle)
Leaving Time (I have a copy of this on the shelf)
Off The Page


I have all of the following books on my bookshelves:
The Greatcoat - Helen Dunmore
The Lewis Man - Peter May
The Lifeboat - Charlotte Rogan
The Phantom Tollbooth - Norton Juster
The Small Hand - Susan Hill
The Thirteenth Tale - Diane Setterfield
This House Is Haunted - John Boyne
Three Men On The Bummel - Jerome K Jerome
Winter's Children - Leah Fleming

I didn't realise that there were so many with "The" in the title! A few good ghost stories there, hopefully!


And I have these three on my Kindle that I'd like to get through too:
Still Waters - Viveca Sten
Dregs - Jorn Lier Horst
Stardust - Neil Gaiman



So that's 30 books to read in 2016. I've set my Goodreads Challenge for 30 (it was originally 24 before I'd counted up all these) so I'll see how I go with that. I'm not sure that I'll manage to read all of these, or it may be that other books come along and I choose to read them first. I'll try and remember to keep coming back here and crossing off the ones I've read though (as well as writing my reviews on Goodreads).


Edited to add: I bought some more books! So these are added to the list too...
Raven Black - Ann Cleeves
White Nights - Ann Cleeves
The Chessmen - Peter May
Bellman & Black - Diane Setterfield






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...